Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Star Trek Elite Force II > EF2 Single Player Help

Old 06-20-2003, 02:58 PM   #1
jabberwock95
Casual

Default (Possible Spoilers) Disabling Command Ship

I am on the mission where you man the pulse phaser cannon and you are told to disable the idrryl command ship. I have tried and tried but I can only either destroy the command ship or let enterprise be destroyed and both result in game over. Is there a trick to it? A special place I have to aim for? Anybody know?
jabberwock95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 03:04 PM   #2
badman
Sheep Inspector

Send a message via ICQ to badman Send a message via AIM to badman Send a message via MSN to badman
Default Re: (Possible Spoilers) Disabling Command Ship

Aim for the highlighted sections of the command ship (look for the red circle). Keep in mind that you can shoot down the incoming projectiles and that your turret has a secondary fire mode (launching torpedoes).
badman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 08:44 AM   #3
Admiral-H
Regular

I've tried that...I can't seem to disable it before the Enterprise Hull is destroyed
Admiral-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 01:00 PM   #4
simonc30
Rookie

I'm stuck on that too-I've never destroyed the command ship by mistake yet but the Enterprise never lasts out long enough for me to actually score much damage to the command ships systems
simonc30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 02:15 PM   #5
gandalfo

Shoot on the torpedos that are fired on the Enterprise to prevent damaging the Enterprise hull!
gandalfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 02:41 PM   #6
simonc30
Rookie

I'm having a go at doing that and I am lasting longer but I seem to be spending most of the time shooting torpedoes and not scoring much with hits on the command ship-I know I'm supposed to aim at the red circles but I'm not even sure if my hits are damaging whatever systems they are supposed to be damaging and not just hitting the hull
Old 06-21-2003, 02:43 PM   #7
jabberwock95
Casual

I've managed it. I never noticed the red circles before so I was just shooting wildly. I have some tips though. try not to concentrate on the fighters, except shoot down some of their shots when the command ship is out of sight. As soon as the command ship is in sight start shooting at the red circles as much as possible BUT leave yourself enough time to shoot down it's missiles because those do a LOT of damage. Hope this helps.
Old 06-21-2003, 02:55 PM   #8
jabberwock95
Casual

P.S I NEVER use the torpedoes because if you aim at the red circles by the time they hit the ship is in a different place so they just damage the hull.
Old 06-21-2003, 02:55 PM   #9
simonc30
Rookie

I'll keep at it-I've destroyed the command which is kind of a good sign cos its tellin me that I was doing enough to stop the torpedoes hitting the Enterprise hull giving me time to actually hit it but, apart from at the very beginning when I actually destroy the red circled target on the front of the command ship, I never seem to score any hits when its coming in side on. My torpedoes keep going off at an angle too, missing the red circled areas.
Old 06-22-2003, 02:36 PM   #10
Assim
Fanatic

I'm also having trouble with this. I can disable the front bit and the bit on its left, but no matter how much i fire at the bit on its right it doesn't work. In the end i just blows up. Exactly which bit am I supposed to be aiming for? The support strut like thing or the top of the actual ship??
Assim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 12:37 AM   #11
GENTheDoctor
Experienced

I've been doing this mission for 2 days straight now, is there a way of just bypassing this? I am getting sick and tired of either blowing up the damned ship or getting us killed.
GENTheDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 09:01 AM   #12
Assim
Fanatic

I realised what to do. Ignore the purple torpedoes from the enemy because they do very little damage. Focus on shooting out the main orange ones.
When the big ship first flies straight over you, pummel the targetted bit with the secondary fire and it takes it out easy. Then, just use the primery fire to shoot the highlighted support strut thing (like a rib i suppose) and blow them both out. Don't forget to take out the two orange torpedoes each time.
Assim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 09:34 PM   #13
Frontier
Casual

It took me coming to this post to find out what to do. Hehe. Died quite a few times; even twice using the strategies suggested here. What I did was simple:

Don't worry about the Fighter ships. Take out thier purple torpedoes, but otherwise forget about them. They're more nats. The purple torpedoes do about 5-10% damage. Those Orange ones from the Capitol ship? My god! They must do 25% damage or something. Those, you have to take out.

On the purple torps at long-range use your own quantums -- saves up the phaser energy which you need more. When the capitol ship is in range, concentrate on the red bullseye, but when it fires on you, forget about the goals of the game and think survival; shoot down it's orange torps at all costs.

Orange Torps: Primary goal to shoot.
Purple Torps: Secondary
Capitaol Ship: Tertiary.

Whew. I am lovin this game. =)

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 02:00 AM   #14
Guybrush
Experienced

Wow, thank you!
After reading this, I got the bloody missiion done in on try!
Yay!
Guybrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 06:30 AM   #15
Miracle
Regular

you mean this misssion gave you difficulties to begin with? call yourself a mighty pirate? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Miracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 07:24 AM   #16
Luke80
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Luke80

13/8/2003
Use the Timescale cheat to slow down time.

Eg. timescale .75
Luke80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 12:54 AM   #17
jakester

Luke80, thanks so much. I stopped playing the game for a month because I couldn't get past this part. I used timescale .5 and got past it the first time. This also gave me time to fire at the orange torpedoes - I couldn't do that before since I was so preoccupied with trying the hit the bullseye on the capitol ship. Happy gaming!
jakester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 05:40 PM   #18
MunroOfEnterprise
Rookie

Location: On the USS Enterprise, with frequent hug trips on Telsia!

Like Asdfga3 on his walkthrough, don't let this problem of you trying to disable the Idryll Command Ship get to you, since it took me lots of tries to win of the rest of this part of the level [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Plus, here's another part of my future walkthrough I shall reveal to beat this the part of the level called "Enterprise Hull":

After successfully repelling the group of Idryll Engineers that try to take control of the USS Enterprise, Tuvok will then say to you that the Enterprise's weapons are still offline; but they have enough power to activate the Auxilluary Phaser Batteries; and Munro, of course, will have to have opperate it himself.

Just to let you know, the Idryll Captial Ship is upside down, which is because your under the Enterprise and that all Idryll ships under the Federation Flagship are like that too. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Now to get serious! When the first four Idryll Fighters show up, they'll fire small purple missiles projectiles, so your gonna want to shoot them out. By then, Tuvok will give out orders to you again:

Tuvok: "Disable the Cruiser's weapons, engines, and warp drive without destroying the vessel."

After he's done talking, the Idryll Command Ship will then fly overhead to where you are. Quickly fire your secondary attack at the Command Ship's Warp Drive and then fire at it with your primary attack to destroy it. Most of all, watch out for its big red missile projectiles!

You can destroy the Idryll Fighters that come around the Enterprise if you like that, but more will warp in and this will very likely distract you from trying to shoot out the projectiles and fire at the Captial Ship.

Once you keep defending yourself against the Idryll air forces, the Idryll Command Ship will by then come around the left or right side of the Enterprise, allowing you to try and destroy its weapons or engines.

Weird note: For some weird reason, when you were successfully able to disable the Idryll Command Ship's weapons, it still fires it's big red projectiles at you. Looks like Tuvok made a small miscalculation about disabling a ship. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Now the Command Ship's engine is the only thing left you have to disable. Yet again, defend your against the Idryll Fighters until the Idryll Command Ship comes around. Quickly fire at the bullseye to disable its engine for good. In the end, the Command Ship will be just floating adrift.

Here are some important notes here: If you see the bullseye on the side and bottom bow of the Idryll Command Ship, shoot at it quick. If the Command Ship is flashing red, then your getting a good hit. If it flashes blue, then your getting a bad hit and that the Captial Ship Integerity health bar will start losing it's health. If it doesn't flash, then your just missing. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Same goes for the Idryll Fighter Cruisers, except without the blue flashing.

Plus, here's the damage that the projectiles can inflict on the Enterprise's shielding:

Small purple missile projectiles: 2% or 5%
Big red missile projectiles: 10% or 15%

Also, if you keep letting those projectiles hit you to lose the shielding of the USS Enterprise, Barclay will keep telling you how much shielding the Federation Flagship is down to:

"Shields at 80%."

"Shields at 65%."

"Another hit, shields at 45%."

"Shields down by 10%"

"Shields down, a direct hit will destroy the ship!"

Just to let you know, when I was down to disabling the Idryll Command Ship's engines, my shield protecting the USS Enterprise was down to zero, leaving me what I like to call the "Deathmatch," because of the fact that if I let one a single projectile(even a small purple one)hit me, the Enterprise will get destroyed. In the end, I fight to the death and successfully completely disabled the Command Ship with no shielding left on the Enterprise.

After your done, Picard will give you very good pat on the back for saving the ship and that the team will finally be ready to go to the Attrexian Colony planet by a Enterprise Shuttle, completely ending the last of the level.

Weird note: Why would Krindo be trying to get back Kleeya? I bet he has a plan of beaming himself down in the Enterprise, trying to find the Crew Quarters to find her, and beam her into the Idryll Command Ship before the Enterprise got destroyed.

That's another part of my future walkthrough I gladly exposed to this topic! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
MunroOfEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 09:54 PM   #19
Tempest
Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to Tempest

Nice walkthrough, but i find the whole level, absurd. Didnt see the Capitol ship coming towards it, shields down because the transport takes 30 secs, hacking the Computer from the hull, no power for phasers but enough for a BFG on the hull.
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 11:08 PM   #20
MunroOfEnterprise
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Tempest:
Nice walkthrough, but i find the whole level, absurd. Didnt see the Capitol ship coming towards it, shields down because the transport takes 30 secs, hacking the Computer from the hull, no power for phasers but enough for a BFG on the hull.
The reason why the Enterprise didn't see the Idryll Command Ship coming for the Federation Flagship is that they were too busy doing their business, except by the fact that Captain Picard was just sitting in his comfy chair minding his business.

The Enterprise's shield was down for a reason, because the Hazard Team was getting prepared to beam down to the Attrexian Colony and help them out. For example, at the end of the USS Dallas level, Chell said that he deactivated the Dallas' shield so that he, Munro, his teammates, and the remaining Dallas Crew get beamed back to the USS Enterprise. This is the main reason why did the Enterprise has its shields lowered.

Since the Enterprise's shield was still down and that Tuvok was unable to polarize the rest of the hull to shake the Idryll loose of the hull. I'm thinking Munro's teammates(like Telsia, Chang, and Jurot) should've gone with him to get rid of the Idryll on the bottom of the Enterprise Hull, which that would have made the job easier.

The Enterprise crew and Tuvok could've had the most of the power in the Flagship like the lights and stuff lose its power so that they could have had enough power to fire the ship's phasers to destroy off the Idryll Fightercraft, allow you to pay complete close attention on disabling Idryll Command Ship. Also, I'm getting the feeling that Tuvok made a miscalculation to you about not having enough power for the Federation Flagship's weapons, since they use that to power up the ship's shield and the rest for the Auxilliuary Phaser Batteries for Munro to use it.

Whew, that's all I have to say for now bro! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2004, 12:02 AM   #21
Tempest
Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to Tempest

Quote:
Originally posted by MunroOfEnterprise:

The reason why the Enterprise didn't see the Idryll Command Ship coming for the Federation Flagship is that they were too busy doing their business, except by the fact that Captain Picard was just sitting in his comfy chair minding his business.

The Enterprise's shield was down for a reason, because the Hazard Team was getting prepared to beam down to the Attrexian Colony and help them out. For example, at the end of the USS Dallas level, Chell said that he deactivated the Dallas' shield so that he, Munro, his teammates, and the remaining Dallas Crew get beamed back to the USS Enterprise. This is the main reason why did the Enterprise has its shields lowered.

Since the Enterprise's shield was still down and that Tuvok was unable to polarize the rest of the hull to shake the Idryll loose of the hull. I'm thinking Munro's teammates(like Telsia, Chang, and Jurot) should've gone with him to get rid of the Idryll on the bottom of the Enterprise Hull, which that would have made the job easier.

The Enterprise crew and Tuvok could've had the most of the power in the Flagship like the lights and stuff lose its power so that they could have had enough power to fire the ship's phasers to destroy off the Idryll Fightercraft, allow you to pay complete close attention on disabling Idryll Command Ship. Also, I'm getting the feeling that Tuvok made a miscalculation to you about not having enough power for the Federation Flagship's weapons, since they use that to power up the ship's shield and the rest for the Auxilliuary Phaser Batteries for Munro to use it.

Whew, that's all I have to say for now bro! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Yeah dont get me wrong, but what buisness, isnt the science station, conn or ops supposed to make it there buisness scanning for other ships.

The shields were down for a hell of alot of time, i know they have to be lowered, but for that long? Enven when bieng attacked no-one says raise the shields, or explains why they cant (i think).

Polarise the Hull?, ST ships have never done that, except in the absurdly uncannon Enterprise series.

And the phase cannon, dont get me started. Why not rewrite whole of trek history so that all ships have phase cannons.
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 12:41 AM   #22
MunroOfEnterprise
Rookie

The main reason why does the USS Enterprise have the ability to have the hull polarized and why does it have Auxillary Phaser Cannons is simple: it's a Federation Captial Flagship.

I'm getting the feeling that the Star Trek should really create a real life science fiction Star Trek Elite Force II to show the difference between Star Trek Voyager and Enterprise(old and new versions). Also, that EF2 future 'show' should also have the race called the Idryll of course, so we can see if Munro will get tempted by Kleeya's appearence. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2004, 10:54 AM   #23
Luke80
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by jakester:
Luke80, thanks so much. I stopped playing the game for a month because I couldn't get past this part. I used timescale .5 and got past it the first time. This also gave me time to fire at the orange torpedoes - I couldn't do that before since I was so preoccupied with trying the hit the bullseye on the capitol ship. Happy gaming!
Your Welcome.

End Transmission.
Old 05-05-2004, 10:57 AM   #24
Luke80
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Luke80:
Quote:
Your Welcome.

End Transmission.
WOW, that was the first (And second.) time I have done a quote! Sorry, just wanted to point that out, but anyway, I'm thinking of putting all of these walkthroughs together to make a guide. Comments?

End Transmission.

==========================================

EDIT: This post will make me a Commander. This IS a post of events!

End Transmission.
Old 05-05-2004, 04:00 PM   #25
MunroOfEnterprise
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Your Welcome.

End Transmission.
WOW, that was the first (And second.) time I have done a quote! Sorry, just wanted to point that out, but anyway, I'm thinking of putting all of these walkthroughs together to make a guide. Comments?

End Transmission.

==========================================

EDIT: This post will make me a Commander. This IS a post of events!

End Transmission.
Uh-oh, time for me to advance to the first next stage in becoming an Ensign! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]