Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN, SiN Steam & Wages of Sin

Old 11-11-2007, 07:55 AM   #26
Marston
Rookie

Default Re: Sin UILTIMATE optimization

Mmmmh, it seems that the link doesn't appear in my precedent topic.

Here it is :
http://www.sounddogs.com/results.asp...tegoryID=14 5

I hope it works this time !
Marston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 01:24 PM   #27
Radox
Casual

http://www.mediafire.com/?2wdjxry9h1x

Sorry for the delay, here is the not-closing gate mod (for now). Simply put this file into your Sin/base/maps directory and tell me if it works
Radox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 11:49 AM   #28
Marston
Rookie

No problem, Raddox.

I've tested the new map today and everything works perfectly. The extra armor really helps...

Great work again !
Marston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:53 PM   #29
Radox
Casual

Is someone still interested in Sin Wizard? :P Yesterday, while cleaning up my hard disk, I found the old, rusty .exe of the mod I may even consider playing SIN again.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:43 PM   #30
_dark

Send a message via MSN to _dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radox View Post
Is someone still interested in Sin Wizard? :P Yesterday, while cleaning up my hard disk, I found the old, rusty .exe of the mod I may even consider playing SIN again.
OMFG GIMME!

--------------------
Sex, drugs & techno
_dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:57 AM   #31
Loheat

Haha I would be interested in that, its the time of year again where I dust off my copy of SiN and have some good old nostalgia
Loheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 04:45 PM   #32
drivetheory

same here, an updated upload location would be awesome since i don't have a copy of the latest/fixed version of this!

(since we're reviving a 2 yr old thread for a 10 yr old game! SiN; System Shock 2; etc... they don't make 'em like they used to)
drivetheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:32 PM   #33
MagicFire

Quote:
Yes! Please?

--------------------
MagicFire - Ask for me by name.
MagicFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:09 AM   #34
YesusFist

reinstalled good old SiN few minutes ago, came across this while looking for some widescreen fix. I GOTTA TRY THIS STUFF! Anyone still has it? Please...
YesusFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 12:22 PM   #35
CrisGer

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7H6WP2MI

this link still works and I am planning to try this great mod Wizard as soon as I finish my first play through, it looks great and like the Marston did a great job. I hope he is still around, this sort of effort deserves to be thanked and recognized, he has it sounds like made a great game even greater.

Thanks so much for doing this.

--------------------
Admin
3D Worlds and Game Developers Group Linkedin
CrisGer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:41 AM   #36
Radox
Casual

Haha, I just began playing SiN's incredible single-player campaign for the first time in 2 years and I'm again using my SinWizard. Glad there are some people still wanting to try it. I am surprised the link still works

Btw, I have made some minor changes to the mod that I might upload these days for you to try
Old 04-18-2010, 09:13 PM   #37
DraX360

Nevermind, great mod, i love how you made the Xenomorphic Labs more interesting, i wish they revealed more stuff about that level.(like how they say its a "living" facility, plus the breathing wall sound effects.)

Just noticed that the Area 57 levels are broken, when i start the level im not a mutant and the manumit immediately attacks me.

--------------------
A spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down.

Last edited by DraX360 : 04-18-2010 at 10:00 PM.
DraX360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:52 PM   #38
DraX360

The Area57 level is broken, i don't start out as a mutant and the manumit attacks me right as the level starts.

--------------------
Old 04-22-2010, 09:46 AM   #39
Radox
Casual

Hey, I am currently working on a new, vastly improved version of the mod. It's almost done and I'll upload it in a few days. What I've done:

- Rebalanced the ammo throughout the single player campaign. Now they are more rare and you have to be more careful when shooting.
- Rearranged some of the enemies throughout the levels.
- Blade now wears different clothing on each mission.

P.S. DraX360, I don't know what's the issue with Area 57. It should give NO problems, or at least it never has to me. Probably you are using the Steam version of SiN, which is not supported fully by the mod

Anyways, I'll try to post the new version of the mod here pretty soon. It should be final and should elevate the single-layer experience of SiN to new, never before seen levels :P
Old 04-25-2010, 04:20 AM   #40
Radox
Casual

Sorry, my bad. I found my mistake about the Area57 level. A single forgotten bracket in the code of the level screwed it all up ) Now, the player will correctly start as a mutant and the level will be playable
Old 05-04-2010, 10:33 AM   #41
DraX360

Exclamation Re: Sin UILTIMATE optimization

Thats great to hear! I hope that i won't have to be reinstalling SiN to install the new update.

Also, i got something interesting for you guys, i found a beta monster named "crawler.mdl" in steam's SiN GCFs (and interestingly not in the original game's .pak files, trust me, i looked everywhere.) I viewed the model in some barely functional model viewer and it seems to have a reptilian look and mouths as hands. (It has a viewable texture, but for some reason it wouldn't work with the model and its missing a "damaged" texture and textures for the rest of the body including the "hands".) I only saw a walking animation file but it wouldn't work or it was just never finished. Maybe you should check it out?

Shit, i meant "creeper.mdl" not crawler, doesn't matter anyways, this forum is dead.

--------------------

Last edited by DraX360 : 11-23-2010 at 10:04 PM. Reason: wrong
Old 05-05-2010, 07:56 AM   #42
Radox
Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraX360 View Post
Thats great to hear! I hope that i won't have to be reinstalling SiN to install the new update.

Also, i got something interesting for you guys, i found a beta monster named "crawler.mdl" in steam's SiN GCFs (and interestingly not in the original game's .pak files, trust me, i looked everywhere.) I viewed the model in some barely functional model viewer and it seems to have a reptilian look and mouths as hands. (It has a viewable texture, but for some reason it wouldn't work with the model and its missing a "damaged" texture and textures for the rest of the body including the "hands".) I only saw a walking animation file but it wouldn't work or it was just never finished. Maybe you should check it out?
Well, it looks like you haven't played the SiN expansion pack - Wages of SiN. The "crawler" is an enemy from this pack. It is a spider-like mutant that can walk on ceilings and spit balls of green goo at you. Btw, here's a screenshot of it:

http://i44.tinypic.com/33ayofa.jpg
Old 05-09-2010, 01:11 PM   #43
DraX360

Thumbs down Re: Sin UILTIMATE optimization

Quote:
Well, it looks like you haven't played the SiN expansion pack - Wages of SiN. The "crawler" is an enemy from this pack. It is a spider-like mutant that can walk on ceilings and spit balls of green goo at you. Btw, here's a screenshot of it:

http://i44.tinypic.com/33ayofa.jpg
Looks like you didnīt read my post, it looks nothing like that and its from the SiN Steam originalīs gcfs, not Wages of Sin, take a look at it in a model viewer and you will see.

--------------------
Old 05-09-2010, 05:07 PM   #44
Verner Delleholm

If you have played the expansion pack, would you please help me with it?
http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=20333
Verner Delleholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:59 AM   #45
Radox
Casual

Exclamation Re: Sin UILTIMATE optimization

Finally, its done! Download and play! This is the final version of SinWizard, EVER!!! Please don't hesitate to post any bugs, mistakes and drawbacks you may find in the wizard while playing!!!!!!!!!!!!

The final version of SinWizard enhances the single-player campaign of SiN by making it more interesting and a little bit harder. It reduces the number of ammo available throughout the levels, spawns more enemies, adds secondary objectives to some of the later levels, adds some more Action based outcomes, clears nearly ALL of the bugs in the original game (except for 1-2 ubeatable by me bugs :P), adds more items throughout the levels, enhances the dialogs between Blade and JC (adding some randomized ones) and many more.

Download link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MV77KKND

Alternate link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/38603878...FINAL.rar.html
Old 05-11-2010, 12:40 PM   #46
xxxIndyxxx

hey i have downloaded the file and extracted it in the folder where sin is installed but I don't think it worked. I couldn't install anything or find a setup file. How can i see if it worked?
xxxIndyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:14 PM   #47
Radox
Casual

You must extract the rar file into the main folder of Sin. To make sure you extracted at the right place, check the contents of the "base" folder inside the main folder of Sin. If everything is correct, you must see inside folders named like "maps", "dialog", "models", "layouts", "global" etc.

Another way to check if you have installed correctly is to launch the game and see how many difficulty levels you may select from the New game menu. If the secret skill "Sinner" is present, everything is fine ;]
Old 05-11-2010, 02:26 PM   #48
xxxIndyxxx

so i extract it in the main folder I overwrite everything. In the base map i have all those maps but when i start the game nothing is changed and no sinner difficulty...

what did i do wrong?
Old 05-12-2010, 02:03 AM   #49
Radox
Casual

I don't know. Basically, the mod maybe doesn't work with SiN Steam. Are you using SiN Steam?
Old 05-12-2010, 05:36 AM   #50
xxxIndyxxx

Quote:
I don't know. Basically, the mod maybe doesn't work with SiN Steam. Are you using SiN Steam?
AH that's unfortunate. Yes I am using sin steam.... I was really looking forward to it.

I do have the original retail version, so i guess i'll just need to dig that one up. Thanks for the replies.